LET’S WORK TOGETHER TO CHANGE THE DYNAMICS OF OUR COMMUNITIES.
There are several exciting volunteer opportunities available at P.U.M.P.S.
Community Service Projects
If your group is looking for an organization to work with for a community service project we would be more than happy to work with you.
Employment, Job Application & GED Classes
Engage in computer assistance, tutoring, job searches, mock interviews, employment application assistance. Dates TBD
Opportunities are available in all areas of fundraising, from development through event production. Times vary.
Outreach to Youth
Engage youth in positive extracurricular activities such as; exposure to fine dining, etiquette classes, prepare them to enter in the S.T.A.R. fashionista fashion extravaganza, provide tutoring and creative opportunities to increase their success in life. Dates TBD
Help plan and set up special events for the clients. (i.e. picnics, field trips, sporting events, special lunches, holiday and birthday parties.) Sponsor a field trip for youth to a museum, the beach, a ball game or bake delicious goodies as a special treat or sponsor a party. Times vary.
Leadership development training, entrepreneurial development, economic empowerment classes and mentorship. Dates TBD
Share a special talent or skill with our clients. Assist or direct workshops ranging from employment and education to the arts. Dates TBD
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
- Complete the application below
- Training: Complete Training & Information session with Program Coordinator
- Commitment: To ensure consistency of our program, we ask for a minimum six-month commitment of volunteering at least four hours each week.
- Background Check: All volunteers go to complete a background check and return it to our Program Coordinator.
- Age requirements: We require that all volunteers be a minimum of age 18 to work directly with the teens. Other opportunities are available for volunteers under the age of 18.
After all the appropriate procedures and documents have been obtained you may start volunteering!